Birds

How do you feel about birds?
Well, I'd have to say that I am quite fascinated with birds. I guess each person
is attracted to a different species, and my favorite in the animal kingdom
happens to be birds.

Why do you feel that way?
Well, it is primarily because I have developed a keen interest In flora and fauna, especially flying creatures. I also watch a lot of movies about birds. For example, Rio, an animated movie by Disney, about the journey of a blue bird into the great outdoors

How do people in your country feel about birds?
Overall, they are not very into birds. Only elderly people are fond of keeping birds. Most of people only like to eat them especially game birds. They are considered sort of delicacy.

Are there birds near your home?
You know, I haven't spotted any in my neighborhood. You're more likely to find them in zoos, national parks or in the countryside. Also, a lot of barbershops in my city have bird cages. Not sure why that is.

Have you seen many different kinds of birds?
I have only seen a few, I am not much of a bird watcher The ones I have seen are pretty common, like pigeons and sparrows. I haven't sighted any exotic breeds.

Vocabulary:
Animal kingdom (phrase) the world of animals
Develop a keen interest In (expression) to be very interested in something
Flora and fauna (phrase) plants and animals
Great outdoors (phrase) the woods, the wilderness, the wild
Game birds (noun) a bird that may be legally hunted according to the laws
Delicacy (noun) a choice or expensive food
Bird watcher (noun) a person who watches and identifies wild birds

Exotic (adj) originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country