IELTS Part - 1 (General Questions) Band 9 answer Topic- Daily Routine

Daily Routine

IELTS Speaking Questions with answers

Do you like to plan what you will do each day?
So far, planning has become one of my unbreakable habits. The more I get older, the more I learn about the importance of planning ahead even though I have just started this lately. Every night before I go to bed, I would make a to-do list for the following day, then scan through my monthly planner for any upcoming events such as deadlines, meetings or travel trips. Such organizing activity has helped ease my life.

Please describe your typical daily routine
A typical day of mine starts at 8 am. After waking up, I would just go for some basic getting-ready steps just like other girls. On weekdays I usually have classes so I would leave home at around 8.45 am to be there on time. After classes, I have lunch and go straight back home for some rest as I find morning classes are quite overwhelming. Meanwhile, on weekends when I don’t have classes, I would spend my morning on assignments. In the evening I would do some workout, take a shower and then cook dinner with my friends in order to supply ourselves some healthy foods and save money on a budget. I also eat out sometimes if we’re both busy or we run out of food. After I finish my dinner, I check my planner and get myself back to work. Additionally, as I’m not a night owl, I try to manage my time as efficiently as possible until around 12 am. Before I brush my teeth and go to bed at around 1 am, I would scan through my planner for what to do on the following day and maybe listen to some relaxing music and do some meditation.

What do you usually do at this time of day?
As usual I would still be working on my assignments. I always spend loads of time and efforts on researching for materials, organizing ideas and writing a number of drafts as I always aim to get good marks. Between duration of hard work when I find myself quite drained out, I take a 15-minute break to go online, drink some water or listen to some music to refresh my mind.

Do you usually do the same things at the same time each day?
Well, I guess I would say repeating similar things everyday is not my lifestyle. A meaningful life to me is when I can balance between my personal life and my social life. What I mean is, I always seek for opportunities to see, interact and maybe involve in other people's lives to open my mind and learn great things from them. Thus, instead of studying, I would love to spend some evenings or nights, either outdoor or indoor, with my family and friends. Besides, I also participate in social activities held by my university. I believe that this is the right time for the young generation like me to discover the outside world.

How do you organize your study time?
Maybe because I am very keen on study, I keep studying as a daily routine. Normally I start after lunch or dinner everyday and try to finish it before midnight. However, sometimes it appears to be so boring for me, after I go out and have fun, I would either stay up late or wake up early in the morning to study depending on how tired I am.

Do you ever change your plans?
Well I guess I have to say I’ve changed my plans a number of times actually. Besides those events such as appointments, meetings or travel trips could barely be put off, I tend to be flexible and go with the flow. Some people who manage their time exactly to every minute but that’s just not my style. If I feel changes do not significantly alter other activities, I would just go for it.

What’s your favorite time of the day?
I guess from 4pm to 6pm, when I have some rest after class and a little workout, is my favorite time of the day. I find myself highly awake and process things much more effectively during these hours. This is also a good time to spend on going outside and meeting up, as there is a wide variety of places to choose from and the weather is cooled down.

What do you want to change in your daily routine?
I guess I would definitely have to change my routine once I jump into the workplace, especially if I work in an office. I think I first have to get myself used to unchangeable events, then manage myself to adapt to the new working environment, as I am actually not good at dealing with changes.

Vocabulary
To get used to (doing) something (v): to get familiar with doing Something
To be overwhelming (adj): Something which is difficult to fight against
To save money on a budget (phrase): to save money
To eat out (v): to go outside to eat
To do some meditation (v): some therapeutic methods to release stress
To be drained out (v): to be exhausted by something
To seek for (v): to look for something important (jobs, scholarships, etc.)
To stay up late (v): to go to bed late at night
To put off (v): to postpone, to delay
Go with the flow (phrase): let things happen | cope with the adversity
To go for it (phrase): to encourage SO to go ahead and do something
(An) unbreakable habit(s) (n): habits that you keep for a long-term